Friday, December 18, 2009

Instant House [competition entry]

Ok, so it has finally happened, the winners of Instant House have been announced and .... [drum roll] of course I wasn't one of them. But that was just my and 190 or so other teams story. The theme was to create a temporary housing unit near infrastructure nodes, preferably in the Milan area. I kinda like the winning project, it's simple and on the spot, but what escapes me is that I understood from the project theme that you had to insert the instantness of the housiness into a context, you had to design in relation to an actual site. You needed to present some renderings and perspectives that are related to a site. But I don't see any of that in the winning projects. Not that I really integrated that story into my project... But hey, let's talk some more about me :D

So... My idea was to offer maximum flexibility and mobility to a module i found deemed to be a part of a functional living space in an super fast urban context. I made three modules, one for a living area, one for a dining/kitchen/bathroom contraption and one for a sleeping area. Then, I mixed them all up to become parasites of the urban context, signals for different events in the Milan area. Maximum flexibility with minimum costs. Each module could have a different look, you could use a variety of wooden panels as walls and you could use the modules as advertising area. Here is a look at what i proposed.



No comments: